“The quest for knowledge and understanding never gets dull. It doesn’t. It’s actually the opposite. The more you know, the more amazing the world seems.Chris Anderson
Who am I?
The first thing you want to know about me, is that I’m extremely passionate about education and teaching. It’s my mission to help students overcome any academic obstacles they may face to help them clear a path towards pursuing their passions; to help them find their passions and to see that anything is possible for them.
I’ve been a teacher since High School, running study groups with friends and tutoring friends without knowing to call it tutoring, and I’ll be a teacher for life. Even when it comes to writing fictional stories for my podcast, More Than a Story, I have to also include a take away idea at the end of each story. Teaching is, and always will be, in everything I do.
I love helping others and I love learning new things. Whether that’s math and science, languages and history, or music and art. I’m an all around curious person and find something interesting in everything. My current learning passions are the piano and chess.
A Little Background
Here are some more specific details regarding my background and education
- Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanics from Syracuse University.
- My education was heavily rooted in mathematics and sciences and in problem solving.
- Full year studying abroad at City University of London.
- I studied in London during my junior year at Syracuse University. Here I experienced a very different education style as I continued to work towards my degree.
- Lead Teacher for Mad Science after school program.
- Here, I ran experiments and taught students about the science behind them. (K-5th)
- Professional Tutor for First Class Tutoring (2010-2012)
- Founder and Tutor for Roaming Scholars Tutoring (2012-2019)
- Tutored as a solo service as THE Roaming Scholar (2019-2022)
- Lead Teacher at Davidson Green School.
- Science & Engineering
- Story Writing
- Assistant Head of School at Davidson Green School
The Fun Stuff…
What I think adds to my effectiveness as a teacher and educator, is my various hobbies and interests.
I love to hike with my wife Victoria, exercise, read fiction and write fiction as well. I enjoy martial arts, chess, and studying piano and guitar. I’m a big Harry Potter nerd, Dr. Who fan, and lover of all things music
When I meet with students, I love to hear what they’re interested in and I believe this helps create a rapport and create a comfortable space for learning.
I believe we’re all capable of anything we want to achieve, and that there is always more than one way to get there. I hope my journey and my example can prove these to be true for others.
Fill in the form below and I’ll be in touch within the day! Ask me any questions you might have and I’ll be happy to answer!